CARETAKER/CLEANER – JOB DESCRIPTION
To be paid £8.91 per hour for initially up to 14 hours a week
1. To be able to work unsupervised.
2. To be able to deal with the general public and in particular have experience of engaging with people of all ages. Some knowledge of work with older people and or people with disabilities will be an advantage.
3. Have the responsibility of a lone worker (Evenings, Saturdays & Sundays) with flexibility for parties / other weekend bookings.
4. Coverage for some of the above hours over and above normal working arrangements and must show a level of flexibility.
5. To be able to cover for holidays and sickness sometimes at short notice.
6. DBS Clearance required.
7. To be self-employed.
• To open up the Centre (mainly weekends) and close as required.
• Have responsibility for the security of the building whilst on site (centre must not be left unattended unless another named person present).
• To carry out monthly health and safety checks on building and equipment.
• Cleaning of the building i.e., rooms, toilets, kitchen, windows.
• Prepare and provide refreshments (tea/coffee and toast) to groups who need them and looking after their needs.
• Occasional responsibility for café stock/cash handling
• Light maintenance work as required.
• Setting up of rooms for groups and working to a time schedule.
• Dealing with a diverse range of the public.
• Fire Marshall (to assist public in exiting the centre and making sure nobody re-enters until told to do so).
• Represent the Centre as one of its employees.
• Abide by the Centres policies and rules.
• Keep a high level of confidentiality.
To apply for this post, please submit an expression of interest of no more than two A4 pages detailing your reasons for applying and your suitability to the role. Please email this to email@example.com or leave a hard copy at the centre FAO David Holden-Locke by the closing date of 26th April 2021.